Junior Software Testing Engineer
- Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire
- Salary: Negotiable
Click here to apply
We’re looking for a passionate Junior Software Testing Engineer who’s ready to make their mark in our fast-paced, dynamic, development team. Playing a vital role in creating the very best experience for our customers.
Are you a perfectionist with a keen eye for detail? Does a typo make your head spin, or dodgy functionality drive you to distraction? If you’re obsessed about great online customer experience – from a technical, functional and design point of view, then Victoriaplum.com needs you!
What will your responsibilities be as a Junior Software Testing Engineer?
- To understand and execute user acceptance testing for business, functional, technical & UI requirements across a range of projects and departments.
- Perform multi-device and browser user acceptance testing.
- To produce bug reports & cross device/browser usage reports
- To provide feedback as early as possible in the software development life cycle.
- To produce documentation and execution of UAT Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Communicate issues and concerns to developers, UX/UI and PO.
- Contribute to estimation and planning, within an agile environment.
- Analysing and breaking down requirements.
- To support PO’s, PM’s and UI/UX when required by reviewing acceptance criteria, designs and writing test requirements
- To be proactive in reviewing wireframes and design feasibility.
- Continuously thinking about upcoming tasks and projects and how we can plan in advance
- Be the gatekeeper of the release of software into the production environment
- Being proactive about ways of improving the test & development process
- Promote a positive attitude and support developers
- Complete weekly and daily testing tasks to help maintain a high standard of quality
- To document new software features and create informative documentation on software functionality, that can support future testing and development.
- To proactively participate in creating and executing a personal development learning plan.
- A willingness to learn new systems, increase documentation and build relevant knowledge.
- Promote a positive attitude and supporting development with the solutions to the issues that we have provided feedback on.
What do you NEED to be a Junior Software Testing Engineer?
- No software testing experience required
- Degree Level or higher education equivalent
- Creative thinker
- An inquisitive, enthusiastic approach to work, never settling for second best and always willing to challenge the status quo.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise a range of projects at any one time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing, structured and clear documentation for a wide range of audiences.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with ability to question what value is being added when necessary.
- The ability to highlight and drive issues to resolution independently.
- Positive can do attitude, friendly and caring.
- Passion about great online experiences, not only caring that something works as expected, but looks equally as awesome.
Nice to haves (but not required)
- ISTQB Certified.
- Previous experience in a test or technical support environment.
- Experience working with BDD or TDD methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with automated testing frameworks and languages
- Experience working within an agile / continuous delivery environment.
- Good knowledge of software development life-cycle and defect resolution processes.
Skills you will learn
- The ability to write end to end automation tests efficiently to victoriaplum.com coding standards for new features before the code reaches the production environment.
- Hands on experience in writing automation end to end tests in a development work cycle.
- Strong troubleshooting skills the ability to debug errors and technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to design and perform complex end to end tests.
- Opportunities for learning with an individual yearly training budget for self-development.
- Flexible working hours.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Modern office with on-site parking.
- Not forgetting lots of regular events whether it be knowledge sharing, team building events or just for fun socials.
Click here to apply
VictoriaPlum.com care about your privacy and we are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with the GDPR Data Privacy Laws. By submitting your CV you are agreeing to your personal data being retained in a secure location for up to 6 months to enable us to match and notify you of suitable opportunities. After this period your information will be confidentially destroyed.