- Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire
- Salary: Negotiable
To lead developers in software development by guiding them technically with advice or leading by writing exemplary code for the VictoriaPlum.com e-commerce application and other internal applications. To also understand third party systems to define flow and code required to interact with these systems.
To have a clear understanding of these software systems and how they interact with each other.
To liaise with the business to understand requirements for systems and to provide solutions for those requirements.
To suggest technological advancements to the company and also suggest enhancements to current systems and / or enhancements for planned additions to both current and new systems.
Skills and knowledge
- Experience using PHP 7 and Laravel 5
- Good working knowledge of git
- Knowledge of GitHub Flow
- Excellent understanding of OOP principles
- Up to date knowledge of current web technologies and trends
- Experience using Linux / Unix-like systems
- Experience using Doctrine 2
- Working knowledge of SQL, specifically PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Knowledge of SQL optimisation
- Experience using phpspec
- Experience using Composer
- Experience using Behat
- Experience using CSS Processors such as PostCSS / SCSS
- Experience creating SOAP / REST APIs
- Interacting with third party SOAP / REST APIs
- Experience of any other software language would be beneficial
- Experience using Docker
- Experience using Varnish
- An understanding of distributed web application architecture
- Ability to apply software development best practices
- E-commerce experience
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving
- Ability to translate business requirements to software requirements
- Clear understanding of business processes and requirements
- Lead in making significant code contributions to new site features as part of a development team
- Lead in the planning of new features
- Clearly communicate risk and steps for mitigation to project managers
- Engage in code reviews and provide peers with constructive feedback
- Define in-house development standards and best practices
- Lead the development of software systems
If this sounds like the type of challenge you're looking for, you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.