Finding a bathroom style to suit your personality can be harder than it looks. With so many different designs to choose from, making that final decision can become a daunting prospect.
Before you make your mind up, take our bathroom style quiz! Just answer a handful of questions (get a paper and pen and jot them down if you like!) and we’ll let you know which type of bathroom style suits you best, along with the kinds of bathroom suite and accessories that match your tastes.
Take our quiz now!
- A. I can't get enough of period dramas like Downton Abbey, Victoria & Poldark.
- B. I like keeping up-to-date with gritty dramas like Homeland or Line of Duty.
- C. For me, it's got to be soap operas, but I'll also happily watch shows like Strictly Come Dancing.
- D. I don't care too much for telly. I'm much happier when I'm out and about doing something active.
- A. Something with a bit of charm and character, like an old coaching inn.
- B. A boutique style hotel right in the heart of the city.
- C. As long as it's clean and comfortable, I don't really mind.
- D. A cosy country cottage would be my idea of heaven.
- A. You simply can't beat the classics like The Beatles, Rolling Stones or Motown.
- B. I'm genuinely "down with the kids" and listen to current singers like Ed Sheeran.
- C. Modern music is ok, but you'll still find me singing along to cheesy 80s pop music.
- D. A spot of Classic FM whilst I'm enjoying my afternoon tea does me just fine.
- A. A leisurely stroll around a lovely old stately home, soaking up some history.
- B. One word: Shopping. Give me a designer shopping outlet and a card with plenty of credit.
- C. A trip to the seaside or a fun family get together.
- D. A relaxing spa break is just what I need.
- A. I can't resist the old classics, like fish & chips or a Sunday roast.
- B. I love sampling different food from around the world.
- C. Pasta with some fresh, crusty bread and a side salad.
- D. Something hearty and warming, like a homemade stew with plenty of seasonal veg.
Mostly A = Traditional style
Look for traditional bathroom suites that come with features such as pull handle flushes and bevelled edges. Use wood to break up the design, but make sure any bathroom furniture items you choose are sympathetic, with colours such as sage or grey adding to the vintage style.
Mostly B = Contemporary style
Seek out a contemporary bathroom suite with clean lines and minimal detailing. Complement with a frameless or black framed shower enclosure, and stick to a monochrome colour palette with clean, white tiles. And, if you really want to be "cutting edge" choose the most up-to-date digital shower.
Mostly C = Modern style
Featuring shapes and designs that have stood the test of time, modern style represents a particular era of interior design roughly from the 1920s to the 1950s. Although you may not realise it, this style is iconic and gives you the perfect middle ground between traditional and contemporary.
Geometric shapes and warm walnut wood both help to bring this style to life. A shower enclosure or shower bath can easily be added to create a fun and functional family bathroom.
Mostly D = Country style
Wooden elements such as toilet seats and bathroom furniture, along with stone effect tiles, will help to achieve that rustic look. And of course, no peaceful country style bathroom would be complete without a large freestanding bath to wallow in at the end of a hard day. No matter where you live, country living can be yours.