Do you ever feel that your life is too busy, with no time to spend pampering yourself? I know exactly what you need...
With my style guide, I'll show you how to create a glamour bathroom that will function as your very own home-spa. It'll provide you with a place in which you can unwind, relax and let your hair down after a hard day on your feet.
So let's take a look at the things you'll need to consider when choosing your dream bathroom.
What is a glamour bathroom?
To create the style, you first need to understand it. Put simply, a glamour bathroom is one which uses traditional, stylish items to create a clean, uncluttered and serene atmosphere in which to bathe. Sleek white units, sumptuously soft furnishings and delicate accessories all combine to create something truly beautiful.
Why not click on the link and check out the glamour bathroom mood board I made earlier?
How to create a glamour bathroom?
First things first, you need to choose your bathroom units and appliances. Sleek, clean lines are a must-have and rounded profiles give the look a softer edge than the sharp lines of modern square-based designs. The Ellis collection from Mode Bathrooms is a perfect example of this.
A roll top bath is the ideal option and should be placed in the centre of the room (providing there is space to accommodate it) to make it a real style feature. A slipper bath shouts glamour but you’ll want to combine this with a frameless shower cubicle if you want to go all out.
Keep fixtures and fittings simple and matching with waterfall effect taps and wall mounted shower risers. For the toilet, a wall hung or back-to-wall option is best and your wash basin can be set upon a basin cabinet for a stylish choice with integrated storage.
When it comes to walls and floors, opt for designs which are elegant and understated. You don’t want anything too bold so avoid bright colours and go for warm, muted colours or pastels instead. Tiling is great for the flooring but when it comes to the walls consider combining tiles with lightly patterned bathroom wallpaper to provide another style focus.
Keep room dressings light with clear shower screens or frameless shower enclosures chosen over shower curtains. Window dressings should be plain in colour.
Glamorous bathrooms are all about sophistication and class and that means simple colours are best. Here are our choice picks:
- White appliances and units for a clean profile
- Chrome fixtures and fittings for a dash of modern style
- Muted browns, beiges, pinks, creams and light wood effects for accessories and soft furnishings to add warmth
Aside from your decisions over bath and shower, there are number of other key features to consider with a glamour bathroom. They are:
- Varied lighting comprising adjustable spotlights for mood lighting and accent lights to enhance certain style features (these are best placed around baths or showers)
- Chrome-effect accessories such as soap dispensers and toothbrush holders for a design that flows
- Wooden bath mats for spa-like indulgence
- White cabinets and storage units for a clean and practical solution for storing toiletries
- Muted, lightly patterned wallpapers and white tiles for attractive wall coverings
- White tile flooring for practicality and style
- Metal and glass accessories and light fixtures for extra indulgence
More style guides
If you really are looking for a truly glamorous bathroom, why not check out the rest of our style guides for further inspiration?
You may want to specifically look at the following guides: