The only time when it's helpful to get yourself into a lather! We're getting all crafty in the bathroom, as our stylist Nicky shows you how to make your own organic soap.
In this video, we show you just how easy it is to whip up a beautifully fragrant organic soap. It'll make the perfect gift for a friend or loved one or provide you with a nice craft project for a typically rainy British day!
Before you begin, it's best to lay down a sheet of old newspaper or cardboard to protect your surfaces.
Things you’ll need:
- Microwaveable dish
- Mixing spoon
- Soap compound
- Soap moulds
You can find handy kits which contain all of these ingredients online or in a local craft shop.
Here’s how to make your own organic soap
- Start by splitting up the soap compound into more manageable pieces. You don't have to use it all in one go.
- Place one of the pieces into a microwaveable dish and heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between to make sure the compound doesn't overheat.
- Once the compound has completely melted, add the petals or leaves a few at a time.
- Add 3 or 4 drops of fragrance using a pipette.
- Fill the soap moulds and leave to set for around 30 minutes.
- Once they have hardened, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pop the soap from the mould and there you have it! Your very own organic soap.
More bathroom craft projects
Looking for more craft projects for your bathroom? Head to our bathroom ideas section for further inspiration or click on any of the links below.