Whether you're sharing a bathroom with family or friends, someone always, inevitably, ends up using your toiletries and bathroom accessories. So why not personalise them by adding your own personal message?
In this article, we've come up with a quick and easy video guide, showing you just how to do it.
By adding a small area of blackboard to your accessories, you'll not only bring a touch of character to your bathroom, you can also leave messages for those who you share with. This could range from the functional, like "Katie's hair clips", to the downright personal, like "Don't touch!". You could even use them to leave little reminders like "Don't forget to buy bread!" or "Aunty Joan's birthday!", or simply let them know you care with a soppy "I love you".
With younger children, they can even be added to toothbrush holders to remind them to brush their teeth. Encourage them to write "done" when they've finished (even though you'll always check to make sure the toothbrush is wet!).
How to personalise your bathroom accessories
We've been feeling all crafty this week, so why not watch this video and find out how easy it is to personalise your bathroom accessories:
Bathroom accessories personalisation shopping list
All you'll need to complete this project are:
- Bathroom accessories of your choice
- Blackboard spray paint (Can be purchased from any arts and crafts shop)
- Masking tape
- Craft knife
Bathroom accessories personalisation instructions
Personalising your bathroom accessories is very quick and easy to do. Simply choose which bathroom accessories you wish to personalise and follow the steps below:
- Step 1 - Using tape, mask out an area to spray paint (Tip: Use tape that will peel off easily!)
- Step 2 - Cover all other exposed areas with paper
- Step 3 - Apply two coats of blackboard spray paint to the exposed area (Tip: Make sure you do this in a well-ventilated area and put newspaper or old sheets down to prevent your floor being sprayed!)
- Step 4 - Allow to dry for 20 minutes, then remove the covering
- Step 5 - If the finish isn't quite as neat as you'd hoped, carefully remove any excess with a craft knife
- Step 6 - Rub a little chalk dust into the blackboard area to prime
- Step 7 - Write your message
Et voila! Your very own personalised bathroom accessories. There are more great bathroom personalisation ideas over on our Pinterest page. Follow us and be inspired.