Sharing a home with your partner or family is great, but sharing a bathroom? Well, it certainly can be challenging!
Here at VictoriaPlum.com, we've come up with a quick and easy way to add more character to your shared bathroom.
Simply apply an area of blackboard to your bathroom accessories and you can leave your partner or family personal messages in chalk. This can come in handy if you and your family often arrive home or get up at different times and don't see as much of each other as you'd like.
You could use them for functional messages like "Don't forget milk!" or "Grandma's birthday!", or just to let them know you care with a simple "I love you".
If you have younger children, it can be used on a toothbrush holder to remind them to brush their teeth. Encourage them to write "done" when they have finished (even though you'll always check to make sure the toothbrush is wet!).
How to personalise your bathroom accessories
Our Stylist Emily has been feeling all crafty this week, so why not watch this video and find out how easy it is to personalise your bathroom accessories:
Bathroom accessories personalisation shopping list
All you'll need to complete this project are:
- Bathroom accessories of your choice
- Blackboard spray paint (Can be purchased from any arts and crafts shop)
- Masking tape
- Craft knife
Bathroom accessories personalisation instructions
Personalising your bathroom accessories is very quick and easy to do. Simply choose which bathroom accessories you wish to personalise and follow the steps below:
- Step 1 - Using tape, mask out an area to spray paint (Tip: Use tape that will peel off easily!)
- Step 2 - Cover all other exposed areas with paper
- Step 3 - Apply two coats of blackboard spray paint to the exposed area (Tip: Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area and put newspaper or old sheets down to prevent your floor being sprayed!)
- Step 4 - Allow to dry for 20 minutes, then remove the covering
- Step 5 - If the finish isn't quite as neat as you'd hoped, carefully remove any excess with a craft knife
- Step 6 - Rub a little chalk dust into the blackboard area to prime
- Step 7 - Write your message
Et voila! Your very own personalised bathroom accessories. There are more great bathroom personalisation ideas over on our Pinterest page. Follow us and be inspired.