We’re delighted to announce that we won the “Most Innovative Company of the Year” award at the 2019 FTA (Freight Transport Association) Logistics awards, in recognition of the improvements we’ve made to our home delivery service.
Our Operations Team were on hand at the prestigious event which took place at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on 24th October 2019, to receive their award from comedian Ed Byrne, who was compere for the night.
The FTA Logistics awards ceremony takes place annually and celebrates the organisations and individuals who make a substantial contribution to the logistics industry (one of Britain’s most vital industry sectors). VictoriaPlum.com were shortlisted, along with established logistics firms, in 2 categories.
This recognition marks a successful 2019 for the Victoria Plum Operations Team, who also won an International Safety Award with Merit earlier in the year.
What does this award mean for our customers?
At Victoria Plum, the customer is at the heart of everything we do, which is why we’ve invested heavily in improving our home delivery service to cater to their needs. Over the past 24 months, we introduced the following innovations:
- AM/PM delivery time slots—one of the first in our industry to do so, meaning customers needn’t wait in all day
- A lunchtime delivery time slot—a great option for parents, whilst children are at school, and those who require delivery during business hours
- Track and Trace service—customers can now track the exact location of their delivery vehicle on a map along with a live ETA.
- Standard and premium service—those who don’t need products delivered to a room of choice can select standard delivery at a lower cost
- New route planning system—rolled out across 9 nationwide hubs, helping to improve the accuracy of delivery times and find the most efficient routes
Since 2017, the improvements we’ve made to our home delivery service have been reflected in the feedback we’ve received from customers. This has been most notable with our Trustpilot score increasing from 9.1 to 9.4—one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the bathroom business.
Comment from Victoria Plum
Lisa Tomlinson, Head of Home Delivery at Victoria Plum, was overjoyed with the award.
“It was the first award of the evening, in a tough category up against pureplay logistics firms. So, we were absolutely thrilled to be recognised in this way.”
“We’re delighted to see all our hard work and dedication paying off with a home delivery service which has developed into a market-leading offering within the bathroom industry. Our aim is to give the customer more choice and flexibility, with an easy-to-use, well-organised service that sets us apart from other bathroom retailers.”
Andy Svenson, Operations Director (pictured above, receiving the Most Innovative Company of the Year award from Ed Byrne) commented: "This award recognises the high service levels we offer our customers through our own innovative approach. It's been a real team effort and we're all immensely proud of our achievements."
Find out more about Victoria Plum
Check out our About Us page and find out everything you need to know about Victoria Plum and the people who work here. Or, why not read one of our latest articles by clicking on any of the links below: