Is there an ideal bath temperature? We decided to find out...
Taking a bath is one of life's simple pleasures, but getting the water temperature right can be a challenge. If the water is too hot, it can be uncomfortable and even dangerous, while water that's too cold can leave you feeling a tad chilly. So, what is the ideal bath temperature? Let's explore some tips for getting it just right.
A freestanding bath, like this one from the Mode Bathrooms Tate collection, will take your bathing experience to new heights
Recommended bath temperature
The ideal bath temperature is around 37-38°C (98.6-100.4°F). This is roughly the same temperature as the human body, which means it feels warm and soothing without being too hot or cold.
Factors to consider
The ideal bath temperature can vary depending on a few factors, including your age, health and personal preferences. Here are some things to consider:
- Young children and elderly people may need a slightly cooler bath temperature to avoid overheating
- If you have a fever or other health condition, consult with your doctor about the best bath temperature for your needs
- Personal preferences can vary, so experiment with different temperatures until you find the one that's most comfortable for you
For the perfect bathing experience, a roll top tub like the Orchard Dulwich freestanding bath, comes highly recommended
Tips for achieving the ideal bath temperature
Here are some tips for getting the bath temperature just right:
- Fit a thermostatic mixer tap to your bath, as this will allow you to set a consistent water temperature every time you use it
- If you don't have a thermostatic mixer, use a bath mixer tap instead—it'll do a similar job, although you'll need to test the water temperature as you go (see next tip!)
- Use a thermometer to measure the water temperature as it pours and before getting in
- Add hot or cold water as needed to achieve the desired temperature
- Stir the water to ensure that the temperature is consistent throughout the bath
- Don't run the water too hot, as this can be uncomfortable and even dangerous
The Orchard thermostatic bath shower mixer tap can be wall or deck mounted, providing safe, consistent water temperature every time you use it
The ideal bath temperature is around 37-38°C (98.6-100.4°F), but this can vary depending on your age, health and personal preferences. To achieve the ideal temperature, use a thermometer to measure the water temperature, add hot or cold water as needed and stir the water to ensure consistency. By following these tips, we're sure you'll enjoy a relaxing and comfortable bath experience.
For the very best bathing experience, why not browse our huge range of beautiful, quality baths? From elegant freestanding designs to comfortable yet conventional straight baths that are easy on the purse or wallet, you'll find the perfect tub for your bathroom. Simply click below to begin browsing.
Enjoying the perfect bathing experience—ideas and advice
If you're searching for further inspiration and advice on enjoying the perfect bathing experience, at Victoria Plum, we're full of fresh ideas and expert tips.
For those who prefer a more organic bathtime, find out how to create a detox bath using natural ingredients and, to while away the hours, we discover which is the best book to read in the bath.
Finally, if you're a new parent, we demonstrate the steps you'll need to take to create a baby-safe bathroom.