A new shower head can help revamp your shower enclosure. Find out how easy swapping them can be with this handy how to guide with video.
If your bathroom or ensuite is looking a little out-dated, one of the easiest ways to give it a quick update is to swap your old shower head for something new and exciting. Whether you're looking to replace a handset or overhead shower, there are some great new options available, including LED colour-changing shower heads or even classic rain can style heads which fit with traditional bathroom suites.
As part of our series of Modern Fixes blog posts, we'll show you just how easy it is to replace your shower head.
Tools you’ll need:
- None required
Before you begin:
- Ensure your shower is turned off
For demonstration purposes, we used the following products:
- Mode Round shower head 300mm
- Mode Square wall shower arm 400mm
- Orchard Slim round hand shower
- Orchard Square shower head 200mm
- Orchard Slim square hand shower
Here's how to change a shower head
- First, make sure the shower is switched off, then unscrew the shower head and hose. You shouldn't need any tools to do this.
- Make sure to check the washer inside and replace it if there are any signs of corrosion.
- Now fit the new shower head using your hand to tighten.
- All that's left to do is check the new shower head for leaks.
Congratulations, you've now changed your shower head.
Shop shower heads
Now you've seen just how easy it is to replace your shower head, why not browse our comprehensive range of shower heads and arms? You'll discover a fabulous selection of contemporary and traditional options to suit your bathroom style.
More Quick Fixes and Easy Switches for your bathroom
If you're looking for more quick and easy ways to revamp your bathroom, without breaking the bank, check out our Switches and Fixes hub. There are plenty of simple jobs you can do yourself, to enhance the look and feel of your bathroom.