If your basin drainage is slow, it may be necessary to replace your basin waste trap. In this short and handy guide, complete with video, we'll show you exactly how to save time and money by doing this yourself.
Tools you’ll need:
- None required
You’ll also need:
- A bowl or container to catch any excess water left in the trap
Before you begin:
- Turn off your water supply
For demonstration purposes, we used the Vanity unit and counter top basin bottle trap.
Here's how to fit a new basin waste trap
- Start by unscrewing the nuts connecting the trap to the basin waste and also to the waste pipe.
- Take care not to spill the remaining water from inside the trap.
- Place the new trap into position and screw on the nuts.
- Ensure the new basin waste trap is secured in place.
Congratulations, you have now fitted your basin waste trap.
Shop plumbing accessories
We have a wide range of high quality plumbing accessories for all purposes at VictoriaPlum.com. You'll find just the right pipes, wastes and traps to finish the job professionally.
More Quick Fixes for your bathroom
Head over to our Switches and Fixes hub, where you'll find more Quick Fixes you can do yourself, to ensure your bathroom looks great and functions perfectly.