You’ve picked out your perfect bath, paid for it and it has now arrived in your home. What are the next steps you’ll need to take?
Once your new bath has been delivered, it is absolutely vital that you unwrap and inspect it immediately. This is to ensure that everything is as expected and the correct size. If you don’t check your bath, it may end up causing delays with your installation.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take as soon as your bath arrives.
What to do when your new bath arrives
- Read through the instructions that came with the bath. This will help you understand what should be included with it.
- Remove all packaging and protective film. This is your opportunity to check for marks, scratches or wrong colour matches with the bath panel. And make sure to check your packaging for small components.
- The instructions may also suggest discarding certain screws. Using incorrect screws could result in damage to the bath when fitting.
- If you find any issues, contact us straight away and we can get it sorted for you. You can contact us using our LiveChat feature, where one of our helpful Customer Care Team advisers will be on hand to fix the problem.
- Finally, it’s important to ensure you have ordered the correct size. Carefully check the length, width and height of the bath against your available space and make sure any bath panels also fit.
Why is it important to inspect your new bath?
Bathroom products, by their very nature, are often fragile and require expert handling and protective packaging. In very rare instances, a product may arrive damaged, so it is vitally important to unwrap and inspect the item as soon as you receive it. If the damage is reported within 21 days of delivery, you will be offered a replacement or a refund. After 21 days, a replacement can no longer be offered*. We cannot accept returns for a damaged bath if it has been fitted.
At Victoria Plum, we're proud that our customers award us consistently high scores on independent review site Trustpilot. Our award-winning delivery service and protective packaging mean your products are in good hands.
*This information is correct at the time of publishing. Find out more about returns and replacements at Victoria Plum, including our most up-to-date information.
Help with your bathroom planning and buying
Find answers to most of our frequently asked questions by visiting our bathroom FAQs or click on one of the links below for further advice.