In this blog post, we’re getting our craft kit out, to show you how to make your very own fizzy toilet bombs.
We’ve all heard of bath bombs, which fizz and produce a beautiful scent when you drop them into your bath water, but what about toilet bombs? Toilet bombs are a great and natural way to keep your toilet looking and smelling fresh—they’re ideal if you have visitors round, producing a pleasant aroma whilst helping to clean the pan.
These simple toilet cleaners are super convenient and help to freshen up your bathroom in a matter of seconds. See our video and instructions below and find out how to make your own fizzy toilet bombs.
Things you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 20 drops of essential oils
- A large mixing bowl and a smaller bowl
- A pair of protective gloves
- A quarter of a cup of citric acid
- Half a tsp of white vinegar
- Plastic moulds (soap moulds are ideal)
Here’s how to make fizzy toilet bombs
Add the baking soda to a large mixing bowl, sifting out any large lumps.
Add the citric acid and stir. The baking soda will help clean the toilet whilst the citric acid adds a much-needed fizz.
In a small bowl, mix together the white vinegar and the hydrogen peroxide.
Drop by drop, add the liquids to the dry ingredients.
Keep mixing and gradually add your drops of essential oils. You can add more for a stronger scent.
Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and fill in the moulds. You can use a simple soap mould.
Let them dry overnight for a minimum of 7 hours, before removing from the moulds.
Drop 1 or 2 at a time into your toilet, depending on the size of your fizzy bombs, and it’ll give you an instant toilet refresh.
Congratulations, you’ve now made your own fizzy toilet bombs.
These fizzy toilet bombs should last 2 or 3 months, as long as you keep them in a sealed storage jar or container.
- Adding baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Adding citric acid and stirring.
- Mixing vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.
- Adding liquids to the mixture, drop by drop.
- Add drops of essential oils.
- Filling the moulds.
- Allow to dry overnight before removing from the mould.
- Drop into your toilet for an instant refresh.
Discover more craft projects for your bathroom
If you love getting crafty in your bathroom, you’re in good company! Here at VictoriaPlum.com, we’ve got plenty of bathroom ideas and inspiration for projects you can do yourself. Click on the links below and discover more amazing craft ideas, with step-by-step instructions and handy videos.
- Make your own homemade bath bombs
- How to make your own eco-friendly reusable bathroom wipes
- How to make your own organic soap
- How to make your own macramé plant hanger
- How to personalise your bathroom accessories