Ladder shelving is the on-trend way to add storage to your bathroom space. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to organise your new shelving effectively and efficiently.
Whether you’ve bought a new shelf or refreshing a current one, these top tips will help declutter your space.
What is ladder storage?
Ladder storage has become a huge hit for interior designers in recent years as it provides the perfect place to display more decorative objects in your bathroom whilst still being incredibly practical. Unlike regular bathroom shelves, ladder storage is quick and easy to fit and only needs to be secured to the wall at the top.
Here’s how to organise your bathroom ladder shelving
- Start with a clean slate. Remove everything from your shelves and get rid of items you don’t need. If you’re anything like me, you may need to develop a ruthless streak!
- Decide on the function of your ladder shelving. Is it predominantly decorative, used to display treasured possessions, or is it going to be your main storage space.
- You can use wicker baskets, which are excellent for producing an organic feel and making items easily accessible.
- Small or loose objects, like hair grips, cotton wool balls and cotton buds, can be stored in pretty storage jars or boxes.
- Neatly fold towels so they look great on your shelves.
- Candles and plants are a beautiful final touch. Adding a plant creates a clean and natural appeal. If you really don’t like the idea of naked flames in your bathroom, there are plenty of fake candles that look just like the real thing, complete with flickering light to set the mood.
Shop ladder storage
If you’re looking for a neat way to add storage to your space, why not check out all our bathroom shelving, including ladder storage.
More bathroom cleaning tips and tricks
We’ve got plenty of great advice on keeping your bathroom looking clean and organised. Simply click on any of the links below to read more.
- How to organise your bathroom cabinet
- How to clean a toilet
- How to clean a shower screen
- How to clean tiles
- Spring cleaning: Breathe new life into your bathroom