Deep cleaning your shower enclosure or shower screen is a simple and hygienic way to bring back that new bathroom sparkle. In our latest Quick Fixes guide with video, we’ll show you how to achieve the best results.
If you’ve already fitted a new shower enclosure or shower screen, you’re bound to recall the pride you felt when it was all shiny and new. However, without regular care and maintenance, it can begin to lose its lustre over time. That’s why it pays to give it a thorough clean, at least once a month.
To help you do this quickly and effectively, we’ve created this short video and step by step guide.
Things you’ll need:
Here’s how to clean a shower screen or enclosure
- Clear out your shower enclosure or the area around your shower screen. Remove toiletries, shower mats and anything that’s not fixed in.
- Clean everything you remove and throw away or recycle items that never get used.
- To clean the enclosure or screen use a standard shower cleaning product and a damp sponge to remove the soap scum and dirt.
- Once you have scrubbed the entire shower enclosure or screen rinse with cold water.
- To combat limescale and water marks, use a squeegee to remove as much excess water once you have rinsed the enclosure. Not only will the screen dry faster, it should also dry relatively clear and smudge-free.
- Once it is completely dry, use a diluted white vinegar mixture to spray your shower enclosure, then buff with a soft cloth until clear to produce a shine that sparkles.
Congratulations, you have now cleaned your shower screen or enclosure.
For demonstration purposes, we used the Mode 8mm spacious walk in shower enclosure with tray and hinged return panel in this video.
Make cleaning easier with Showerguard
To help make cleaning easier, we would thoroughly recommend treating glass in your bathroom with Showerguard easy clean bathroom coating kit.
One single application will help protect your glass from soap and limescale, meaning your glass will stay looking great for longer. It can also be used on mirrors, ceramics and stainless steel. Find out more about this revolutionary bathroom cleaning treatment today.
More Quick Fixes for your bathroom
To keep your bathroom looking great and performing brilliantly, why not check out our Switches and Fixes hub, where you’ll discover more quick and easy advice for all those bathroom DIY tasks.
Simply click on one of the links below to see more.