For a bathroom that's pretty as a picture, we show you how to "get the look" with our new and exclusive Louise Dear collections.
Hi, I’m Nicky, Interior Stylist here at Victoria Plum. If you didn’t already know, we’ve been working closely with renowned British artist Louise Dear to create 5 vibrant new collections to add to our exclusive range. With each collection based around one of Louise’s fabulous paintings, depicted in a full length acrylic wall panel, we’ve added to our existing 4 collections, which have proved very popular.
Of course, our tastes are as unique as our bathrooms. Do you have a passion for pink? Perhaps you prefer on-trend black accents throughout? Or maybe you like to keep things more minimalist (much like Louise herself!)?
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to create subtly different looks with each bathroom collection using complementary products from across our range, including the colour-matched Artist Collection. I’m sure you’ll find a look you love!
Dark Tropical with There Are No Rules
Bringing the outdoors indoors has been a big hit in recent times, with many of us living in spaces where we see very little greenery. Based on the There Are No Rules collection, I’ve pulled together tropical elements, like a macrame pot plant hanger (which you can make yourself), and combined with dark elements, to create an on-trend tropical bathroom that’s hot, hot, hot!
My style tips
- Enhance those tropical undertones
- Accentuate the dark/blacks from the wall panel with a dark vanity unit and taps
- Give your space a slight industrial edge
- Add a touch of luxe with marble effect tiles
- Introduce trendy hanging plants—get crafty yourself!
- Louise Dear There Are No Rules acrylic shower wall panel
- Mode Bergne dark concrete grey washstand and black steel frame 812mm with Ellis countertop basin, tap, waste and trap
- Mode Carter back to wall bath
- Mode Spencer round black freestanding side lever bath filler tap
- Polar white marble effect matt wall and floor tile 600mm x 600mm
Daring Colour with And I Think Of You
Have you ever imagined a bathroom that’s full of colour and vibrancy? Well, perhaps it’s time to make your dreams come true. Colour blocking—creating large expanses of vivid colour—is a big bathroom trend right now and, with this design, we’ve picked out a few shades from the wall panel and introduced them to other parts of the room.
My style tips
- It’s all about the colour, so don’t hold back—be daring!
- An orange bath will tie in beautifully with colours on the wall panel
- Pull out other colours from the wall panel and place around the room
- Use orange, blue and yellow accents
- Louise Dear And I Think of You acrylic shower wall panel
- Artist Collection Orange Burst cast iron bath
- The Bath Co. Camberley white floorstanding vanity unit and ceramic basin
- Deep Metro blue bevelled gloss wall tile 100mm x 200mm
Beautiful Blue with Brighton Belle
Inspired by the beautiful seaside resort of Brighton, the home of Louise Dear’s original studio, this bathroom keeps things simple yet fun, with splashes of blue amidst a simple backdrop of white. Minimalist décor is enduringly popular, and this design immediately draws the eye to the stunning wall panel. Check out my suggestions below to ensure your bathroom design isn’t all at sea!
My style tips
- Let the artwork do all the talking, be subtle with other elements
- Add shades of blue around the splash zones with simple brick or metro tiles
- Accessorise with traditional products for that classic look
- Choose marble effect surfaces for a clean cut style
- Louise Dear Brighton Belle acrylic shower wall panel
- Orchard Dulwich matt white floorstanding vanity unit with semi recessed basin
- Orchard Dulwich freestanding shower bath and bath screen
- Orchard Dulwich close coupled toilet with soft close wooden toilet seat white
- Accents Zenith blue flat gloss wall tile 100mm x 300mm
Shades of Grey and Pink with Love Affair
As you may or may not be aware, grey is one of, if not THE most popular colours for bathrooms. In recent times, pink has been added as a favoured combination for interior designers. With this bathroom, we pick out the stunning pink of the peonies in the wall panel and colour match throughout. I have a feeling you’ll fall in love with this look!
My style tips
- Base your design on the on-trend pink and grey colour combination
- Use traditional products throughout for a refined look
- Grey metro tiles with white grout add a contemporary edge
- Complement the navy blue in the wall panel with small touches here and there
- Splash out on the pink with a statement freestanding tub
- Louise Dear Love Affair acrylic shower wall panel
- Artist Collection Pucker Up Pink cast iron bath
- Metro dark grey gloss bevelled brick tile 100mm x 200mm
- Orchard Traditional washstand with Dulwich 2 tap hole basin
- Accents Traditional round pivot bathroom mirror
On-trend Accents with Oooh Yeah!
With such a colourful and vibrant design, it is often better to be slightly more understated with the rest of your bathroom décor. I’ve opted for black accents throughout, with my choice of shower, shower screen and taps, which is a big trend this year. To complement the colour scheme, go for a bold countertop basin.
My style tips
- Work black accents into your design for an on-trend look
- Check out my black framed shower screen ideas
- Keep the rest of your space simple with white tiles and flooring
- Add small touches of colour, like a basin, that complement the wall panel
- Black grout could be a great option for your white tiles
- Louise Dear Oooh Yeah! acrylic shower wall panel
- Accents Orion blue coloured countertop basin
- Mode Spencer round thermostatic twin valve matt black shower set
- Mode Tate black basin mixer tap
- Pure white flat matt wall tile 100mm x 200mm
Find out more about the rest of the Louise Dear range
Have you been inspired to create your very own work of art? Find out more about the rest of the Louise Dear range, including these existing fabulous collections:
For an amazing range of complementary, colour-matched products, including basins, bathtubs and more, browse the Artist Collection, exclusive to Victoria Plum.
Shop the Louise Dear range today
To browse the full Louise Dear range, exclusive to Victoria Plum, simply click on the image below.