Looking to enhance your ensuite space but not sure how? Matching your bathroom and bedroom decor is a great place to start. Check out our helpful hints and tips before you begin.
Looking to redecorate your bedroom and ensuite? As the two rooms flow into each other, one way to create a chic and stylish look is to opt for a consistent, matching vibe between the two areas. This option is easily achieved by making a few simple changes.
1. Incorporating a consistent colour palette
Creating a cohesive and stylish look between your bedroom and ensuite is as simple as choosing colours that are either matching or complementary. There are many different types of colour palettes to choose from, so take some time to experiment and find what works best for you.
One way to get started is to use a colour wheel. A colour wheel is a helpful tool for visualising how different colours interact with each other. You can use a colour wheel to choose colours that are complementary, analogous or triadic.
- Complementary colours are opposite each other on the colour wheel. They create a high-contrast look that can be dramatic or eye-catching.
- Analogous colours are next to each other on the colour wheel. They create a more subtle and harmonious look.
- Triadic colours are evenly spaced around the colour wheel. They create a balanced and visually appealing look.
Here are some examples of how you can use colour to match your bedroom and ensuite:
- Unified colour scheme: This is a great option for creating a calm and relaxing space. For example, you could paint both your bedroom and ensuite walls a soft blue.
- Contrasting colour scheme: This is a great option for creating a more dynamic and stylish space. For example, you could paint your bedroom walls a bright yellow and your ensuite walls a deep blue.
No matter what colour scheme you choose, be sure to have fun with it! There are no rules when it comes to decorating, so let your creativity shine through. Once you've chosen your colours, you can start decorating your bedroom and ensuite.
We've used blush pink and white in both our bedroom and ensuite bathroom to create a unified colour scheme
2. Incorporate similar materials in both rooms
When decorating your bedroom and ensuite, it's important to consider the materials you use. Not only will this help to create a cohesive look, but it will also make the space more functional.
For example, you might want to use the same type of wood for your bedroom furniture and your bathroom furniture (for example, your vanity unit). This will help to create a sense of continuity between the two rooms.
You can also use the same type of flooring in both rooms. This is a great way to add visual interest and make the space feel more spacious.
And, when it comes to metalwork, you could be consistent with the type of finish you choose. For example, if you opt for brass showers and taps, you could choose bedside tables with brass legs.
Of course, you don't have to use the exact same materials in both rooms. However, it's important to choose materials that complement each other. For example, you might want to use a lighter wood in your bedroom and a darker wood in your bathroom.
By carefully considering the materials you use, you can create a bedroom and ensuite that are both stylish and functional.
We used half-height wall panelling to create a cohesive look across both the ensuite bathroom and bedroom
Integrate your accessories
One of the best ways to create a cohesive look between your bedroom and ensuite is to integrate your accessories. This means choosing accessories that coordinate with each other and the overall style of the rooms.
Here are a few tips for integrating your accessories:
- Choose accessories in the same colour palette. This will help to create a sense of continuity between the two rooms.
- Choose accessories in the same style. This will help to tie the two rooms together visually.
- Choose accessories that are functional and stylish. This will make the space more inviting and comfortable.
Here are a few examples of accessories that you can use to integrate your bedroom and ensuite:
By following these tips, you can easily create a cohesive look between your bedroom and ensuite. This will make the space more inviting and comfortable, and it will help you to relax and unwind after a long day.
Here are some additional tips for integrating your accessories:
- Don't be afraid to mix and match different styles. This can create a more interesting and eclectic look.
- Pay attention to the details. Even small accessories, such as doorknobs and light fixtures, can make a big difference.
- Have fun with it! Decorating should be enjoyable, so don't be afraid to experiment.
While it might sound a bit absurd, tiresome and even time-consuming, to match even the small fixtures like your toothbrush holders, trust us when we say a little goes a long way. True artists take a long time to perfect their craft, so if you’re looking to create a sense of uniformity or a sense of deviation, take the time to decorate your bedroom and your bathroom in a way that expresses your inner artist.
If you’ve arrived at this point, congratulations! You’ve learned how to coordinate the style of your ensuite bathroom with your bedroom. While decorating your own home may seem daunting at first, it can be so exciting creating a living and breathing space that reflects your individuality and your artistic self. By conjuring up consistent decor between your bedroom and bathroom, you'll create that perfect ambience as you transition from one to the other.
Whether that ambience is meant to be calming or inspiring is up to you, and it is especially important since you’re the one coming home to it and spending time in that space! Don’t be afraid to explore different styles and create a design that you and your guests will come to love and admire. All in all, cohesion is the answer to all your interior design woes.
Shop bathroom accessories
To find the perfect finishing touches for your ensuite, bathroom or cloakroom, check out our full range of beautiful bathroom accessories by clicking on the image below.
More ideas and advice for your ensuite bathroom
Whether you're seeking colour ideas for your ensuite or wondering how you might plan your ensuite bathroom, at Victoria Plum, you'll find all the inspiration and help you'll need.
Check out our ensuite bathroom ideas, where you'll discover great ways to pep up your space, or why not find out how to get the most out of your ensuite?
Don't forget to browse our blog for more!