If you’re one of the many homeowners turning to shower wall panels as a fabulous alternative to tiles, you’ll want to keep them in pristine condition. In our latest Quick Fixes article, we’ll show you how to clean shower wall panels with a handy step-by-step video.
With no awkward grouting to contend with, you’ll know just how easy your shower wall panels were to install when compared to tiles. The great thing is, they're also simple to maintain. Keep that new bathroom sparkle by following the expert advice in this short video.
Things you’ll need:
- Soapy water
- Cleaning sponge or soft cloth
- White vinegar or washing up liquid
- Spray bottle
Here’s how to clean shower wall panels
- Once a week, use soapy water on your wall panels. If you don’t take the time to wipe them down, dirt and grime can gradually build up.
- Vinegar is the most natural solution for cleaning. You can either dilute the vinegar with water in a spray bottle or apply it straight to your wall panels.
- If you are using vinegar, remember to test on a small patch first, to make sure it doesn’t damage your wall panels in any way.
- You could also use washing up liquid. Add a few drops to some water before applying.
- Wipe your panels using a sponge or soft cloth and the solution of your choice. Don’t be tempted to use abrasive cleaning products, scouring pads or steel wool.
- Rinse the panels and wipe dry.
- Remember to keep your bathroom well-ventilated and as light as possible to prevent excessive mildew growth.
Congratulations, you have now cleaned your shower wall panels.
For demonstration purposes, we used the Multipanel Heritage Marlow Linewood Hydrolock shower wall panel in this video.
More Quick Fixes for your bathroom
To help keep your bathroom functioning as it should and looking as good as new, why not check out more of our Switches and Fixes articles. Or, to find a specific guide, click on any of the links below: