When you’re considering buying tiles, the first question you’ll need to ask yourself is “how many tiles do I need?”. In this handy guide, we’ll show you how to work this out quickly and easily.
Tiles remain one of the most popular wall and floor coverings for bathrooms throughout the UK. However, working out exactly how many you need can sometimes cause headaches and, at worst, could mean holding up your project.
At VictoriaPlum.com, you’ll find a handy tile calculator on every tile product page and, in this article, we’ll show you how to use this. Simply watch this short video first and follow the step by step instructions below.
How many tiles do I need?
Here’s how to work out how many tiles you’ll need using our tile calculator.
- Find the tiles that you like on our website and then use our handy tile calculator to help you with your planning.
- If you already know the total metres squared, you can input that here. This then calculates how many boxes of your chosen tiles you will need and also the total cost.
- If you don’t know the total metres squared, simply measure each area you wish to tile. Then input those measurements into the tile calculator.
Handy hint: Find out how to measure your bathroom with our handy guide.
- You can add further measurements using the “add another area” button.
- Don’t forget to add 10% for trimming and accidental damage, by checking the tick box.
- Hit the “calculate” button to get your metres squared, as well as the number of boxes required and the cost.
Now you know exactly how to calculate the number of tiles you’ll need, why not browse our huge range of stylish, high quality tiles today?
More tiling tips and resources
Whether you’re a dab hand at DIY or hiring someone to do the job for you, we have loads of expert tiles advice, right here at VictoriaPlum.com. Most of our guides contain an easy-to-follow video and step-by-step instructions. Simply click on any of the links below.
- Tiles buying guide
- How to tile
- How to fit a wall hung cabinet or unit
- How to replace a damaged tile
- How to remove old grout from tiles
- How to regrout tiles
- How to drill through a tile
- How to clean tiles
- Ask the experts: Should I fit the toilet before or after tiling the floor?
- Ask the experts: Can I tile over old tiles?
Searching for tile inspiration? Why not check out some these fabulous tile ideas.
- Tiles inspiration gallery
- Stylist’s Selection: 9 stylish wall and floor ideas for bathrooms
- 5 things to consider when choosing your bathroom tiles
- Small Spaces: Small bathroom tile ideas
- 5 exciting and unusual ways to use tiles in your bathroom
- 6 more bathroom tile ideas that'll capture your imagination